Friday, May 30, 2008

Do you tell people to pray a prayer?

I found this ad on CNN.com while searching for "religion." I thought it was interesting. A bit strange, perhaps, but interesting.

Is this really how we are saved? Do we "accept" Christ? Are we saved by praying a prayer? Did Jesus ever ask someone to pray a prayer? Did he ever ask anyone to accept him? For that matter, is there any precedent in the New Testament for this? What do you think?.

To be fair, it seems that Christians are quick to attack one another on seemingly minor areas of theology, instead of focusing on the big picture of reaching the world with the Gospel. That's not my intent here. I'm just asking some questions. I think our invitation to Christ is just as critically important as our presentation of Christ.

Check out this website, watch the video, and let us know what you think.

0 comments: